The lunch menu is prepared monthly. The menu is posted in the main entranceways and is also given out with the monthly newsletter. All our food is prepared on the premises by our chef. The food is fresh and nutritious. We maintain a variety in the menu; some of the meals are vegetarian. Due to dietary restrictions for some children we do not serve pork or any nuts (note: the school is completely nut-free). If at any time you have questions about the menu, you are welcome to speak directly with our chef.
If there are any dietary concerns or restrictions for your child, we will discuss this at the time of registration to provide the necessary information.
Our focus at lunch is that this should be a social time that is enjoyable for the children, so that as well as eating a healthy meal, they also enjoy the opportunity to chat and interact with their friends. Our experience is that when mealtime is pleasant, everyone eats well.
Below is a summary of our menu, as well an example of what one week in our menu may be:
A variety of: lettuce, cabbage, carrots, celery, cucumbers, broccoli, tomatoes, cauliflower
A hearty soup made with meat or vegetable base, pureed vegetables, noodles, rice, barley or lentils
One of -
- Meat (chicken, beef, fish or eggs) with vegetables (corn, peas, beans, carrots or mixed vegetables) and potato or rice
- Pasta (spaghetti or noodles with cheese or meat sauce)
- A vegetarian meal (vegetable pizza, vegetable pasta, rice with lentils, tofu)
100 % whole wheat bread with fruit jam or cheese
One of -
- Fresh fruit (Apples, bananas, grapes, melon, pears, nectarines, oranges, peaches, watermelon)
- Canned fruit, Ice cream or jello on occasion
- Homemade loaves: zucchini loaf, orange loaf, lemon loaf, apple cake
A Sample Menu
Beef rice soup
Cheese tortellini with rosť sauce
Chicken rice soup
Bagels with cream cheese